Many mothers keep diaries about their babies. They write down when the first tooth came, when the kid made the first step and all the funny words that he spoke. I write such books for my older children even now. I make notes once a year – how it was and what happened during the year.
I developed a structure for my children’s diaries:
- Cover Page
- Appeal. Something like a personal note: “For you about you …”
- Pregnancy and how life was before. What I had thought, what kind of feelings I had.
- Name. Why we chose it. What is the meaning and origin.
- Family tree.
- Parents, grandparents and great-grandparents.
- Each month from 1 to 12 of the first year.
- Each year.
There are many ways to decorate the book. I used watercolor, black ink and stamps for the daughter’s diary, thin colored paper and coffee for son´s. I embroidered covers for books on the embroidery machine.
Children grow up very quickly. Let them know that they have always been most important for their parents.